Monday, September 7, 2009

Labor Day pains

It never fails that when it rolls around every year Labor Day is fraught with labor for the mothers out there.  I've managed to scoot by with very little this year.  Only because I've forced myself to, though.  I swept.  I mopped.  I've done a couple of loads of laundry.  Saved the cooking for tonight - a feast of grilled ribeyes with onion-blue cheese sauce (ala The Pioneer Woman), roasted potato wedges and mini chocolate lava cakes for desert.  

I can hardly wait!

My babies have been delivered home safely after a fantastical visit to Utopia.  aka The In-Law's House.  It's back to reality for them now. I'm such a horrible person for turning off the Wii by 6pm and making them {gasp} talk to me! I've given ample warning, though, so there's no room for fussing. 

Tomorrow's our first day of school.  The kids are actually happy about it and I'm pretty psyched myself.  It'll be nice to get back into the routine of it all and be done with open-ended days.  Those get old after a while for all of us.

I'm just hoping we all don't have a giant brain freeze tomorrow morning right out of the gate. But I'm betting it happens.  In fact, I'd bet the farm.  If I had one.  


0 comments:

 
Header PS Brush by pinkonhead.com